What is Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central?
Running a small or medium-sized business means two things: you’re always busy and typically spinning many plates. It’s easy to lose track of the big picture while looking after your department or focusing on other priorities.
That’s why more SMEs are choosing an Enterprise Resource Planning solution. ERP has the power to integrate all your vital business functions into a single system. It brings together finance, HR, distribution, manufacturing, customer service, supply chain management and more.
The next question is, which ERP solution is right for you? At Fabric IT, we recommend Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central for small to mid-sized organisations. In this article, we’ll explain why Business Central could be the ideal fit for your organisation. Especially when expertly implemented and tailored to your needs by the Fabric IT team.
What is Dynamics 365 Business Central?
Microsoft Business Central is a cloud-based all-in-one management solution created explicitly for SMEs. It’s been part of Microsoft’s world-leading Dynamics 365 platform since 2018 and was previously known as Dynamics NAV and Navision.
Continually updated and supported by Microsoft’s unrivalled worldwide resources, Business Central enables you to manage and coordinate all your processes simultaneously. Even better, it unifies the capabilities of ERP and customer relationship management (CRM) systems, using an array of intelligent applications that work together beautifully in the cloud. The range of apps makes it a supremely flexible solution, easily adaptable to any business in any industry, anywhere in the world.
What are the benefits of Business Central?
Integration is at the heart of Business Central, replacing fragmented and siloed business functions with synergy. It means you can get every department working harmoniously and say goodbye to all those spinning plates.
You’ll have an overview of your entire business in real-time, creating streamlined processes and a constant flow of vital insights. You can maximise growth, promote productivity and boost profitability by making smart, informed decisions supported by precise reporting and accurate forecasting. The first people to notice the difference will be your customers. Other Business Central benefits include:
- Your entire business functions as a single, seamless system with built-in efficiency via automated tasks and workflows.
- Connect all departments with a single dashboard.
- Low code development options make it easy to add new functions as the business evolves—without having to employ coding experts.
- Integration across all Microsoft platforms. Business Central works seamlessly with your other resources, including Windows, Power BI, PowerApps and all the familiar Office 365 programmes, including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Enhanced cyber security. An essential issue as the threats to your data increase. No company in the world has more data protection expertise than Microsoft.
- Access Business Central in the cloud on any connected device, anywhere in the world. It’s ideal for companies embracing hybrid and remote working, as well as businesses needing to manage teams on the road.
- Business Central allows you to add many other Dynamics and third-party applications to your bespoke solution via the wider suite of apps.
- You can implement Business Central as an upgrade to your existing entry-level accounting software or legacy ERP system.
- Upgrade simply to the full power of Microsoft Dynamics 365if the business grows beyond SME status.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central’s main features
As well as connecting all your business functions, Business Central has the power to improve each of them individually. This opens up exciting new possibilities.
Track performance, improve cash flow, forecast accurately, streamline payment handling, reconcile general ledger accounting and improve bank account management. There’s even an extension for forecasting potential late payments.
Customer relationship management
Classify and manage leads and contacts to deliver enhanced customer service. Manage client requests and track client interactions. Manage sales and orders from every channel and monitor the sales cycle to identify cross-selling and upselling opportunities.
Manage resource levels and capacity. Boost profitability by making quoting for jobs simpler and more accurate. Track invoicing against budgets and analyse project performance.
Supply chain management
Optimise inventory levels, manage sales orders and bring precision to forecasting demand. Calculate and track stock levels in real-time. Track item transactions with intelligent warehouse management and enhance efficiency by integrating with procurement and vendor management.
Boost revenues, streamline your processes and save time by enabling sales professionals to work on the go. Empower your sales team with advanced applications and technology while strengthening customer relationships. You can also manage remote teams more simply and effectively.
Human resource management
Add a new dimension to your HR functions with the power to organise and track employee data, register and analyse absences and simplify expense management. Make onboarding simpler, quicker and more productive.
Create an intelligent warehouse, using automated data capture. Organise storage more efficiently to make the most of your warehouse layout.
Service order management
View all service tasks and assign them to the most appropriate and available team members. Keep track of service agreements with customers. Streamline shipping and distribution. Track and stay in control of after-sales care and repair or maintenance queries.
Implement complex and agile manufacturing processes. Use Business Central’s assembly management capability to specify items and materials as part of a product or kit. Record customers’ special requests in a bill of materials. Use assembly orders to replenish stock automatically.
Run, review and revise content and campaigns on the go. Collect and analyse real-time data. Keep your sales and marketing goals aligned. Gain deeper insights into your client base so you can deliver personalised campaigns, spot new markets and create fresh sales opportunities.
Why work with Fabric IT?
As a Microsoft Gold Partner, Fabric IT brings vast experience and unrivalled knowledge to implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. The Fabric team will identify your requirements and create the right solution for your business. With Fabric’s Microsoft Gold Partner expertise, you can depend on the following:
- Dedicated account manager. Providing a single point of contact at all times
- 24/7 monitoring to spot potential problems before they become real ones.
- We grow with your business, adapting our IT support as your organisation grows and becomes more complex.
- Minimised downtime. Applications are hosted on a network of servers, so maintenance can happen remotely, with no need to visit your premises.
Ready to find out more? Contact the Fabric team at any time.