How and why we use data
Fabric IT is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our website, subscribers to our newsletters, and those providing contact information. In addition, Fabric IT is opposed to unauthorised commercial e-mail delivery, otherwise known as spam. Please read the following Privacy and Marketing Policy to understand how your personal information is treated. From time to time, Fabric IT may offer new information or services that may affect this policy. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy and Marketing Policy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
The following policy (“Privacy and Marketing Policy”) sets forth Fabric IT’s policy with respect to information, including personally identifiable data (“Personal Data”) and other information, Fabric IT collects from visitors to our website located at https://www.fabric-it.com (the “Website”).
This Privacy and Marketing Policy does not apply to information of any kind that we collect by means (including offline means) or from sources other than those specified herein.
What information do we collect and how is it used?
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you contact us with inquiries, register for access to the Website or purchase products or services from the Website. Personal Data may include, but is not limited to, the below:
- Your name and email address
- Your website URL and name
- Company name
- Phone number (where relevant and provided)
Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access Fabric IT. For example, when you access our website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the website, such as links clicked.
How your personal information may be used
Fabric IT may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the website;
- To create your account, identify you as a user of the website, and customise the website to your account;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each e-mail newsletter will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings by unsubscribing;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative e-mails, confirmation e-mails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure website performance;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorised or illegal activity;
- To review the effectiveness of our marketing programs and analyse other general demographic trends;
- To notify you of new information or services that may be of interest to you; or,
- To send promotional materials.
Legal bases for processing data under the general data protection regulation (“GDPR”)
Below are the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your Personal Data:
- Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your Personal Data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your Personal Data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
- Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your Personal Data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject.
- Consent means where you have consented to a certain use of your Personal Data.
Does Fabric IT share my information?
Fabric IT will not share, rent, or sell your personally identifiable information with third parties.
Agents, Consultants, and Related Third Parties: Fabric IT, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain marketing functions and campaigns. When we employ another entity to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
Tracking: Fabric IT uses various marketing tools that help us create a better user experience for people visiting our site. These tools allow us to look at aggregated data such as scrolling patterns, clicks, and allow us to run tests to determine which pages result in the best actions. However, your personally identifiable information is not used by any of these tools.
Remarketing: Fabric IT may use remarketing tracking cookies and conversion pixels from vendors such as Google and LinkedIn to present special offers to you for our products or services over the Google Content Network and via social networks. This means you may see an ad for one of our products or services as a result of visiting our website.
Your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications.
Other types of data
Non-Identifiable Data: When you interact with us through the Website, we receive and store certain personally non-identifiable information. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. We may store such information or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by our affiliates, agents, or service providers. The Website may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Website, the number of visitors to each page of our Website, and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers. It is important to note that no Personal Data is available or used in this process.
Aggregated Personal Data: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of our website, Fabric IT my conduct research on its customer demographics, interests and behaviour based on the Personal Data and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analysed. This information does not identify you personally.
Category of Cookies
|CATEGORY OF COOKIES||APPLICABLE COOKIES|
These cookies are essential for our services to function properly. Like the other cookies we use, technical cookies may be either first-party cookies or third-party cookies.
We use these cookies to remember your settings and preferences. For example, we may use these cookies to remember your language preferences.
We use these cookies to help identify and prevent security risks.
We use these cookies to collect information about how you interact with our services and to help us improve them. For example, we may use these cookies to determine if you have interacted with a certain page.
We use these cookies to help us understand and improve our services. For example, we can use these cookies to learn more about which features are the most popular with our users and where we may need to make improvements.
We and our advertising partners use these cookies to deliver advertisements, to make them more relevant and meaningful to visitors to our website, and to track the efficiency of our advertising campaigns, both on our services and on other websites.
Rights related to your personal data
Please note that while any amendments, corrections or deletions will be reflected in active user databases (as updated with a reasonable period of time), we may retain all Personal Data for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, and satisfaction of other legal obligations we reasonably believe applicable.
We may retain your Personal Data to comply with laws, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our contracts, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a request or obtain information regarding any of the above.
Opt-out: You may opt-out of future e-mail communications by following the unsubscribe links in our e-mails. You may also notify us at email@example.com to be removed from our mailing list.
Access: You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Amend: You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
Forget: In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sensitive personal information
Unless you choose to provide it to us, we do not collect sensitive personal information from you using the Website.
and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Fabric IT is strongly opposed to spam. We will only send e-mails that we deem to be in line with the individual’s interests which we base of either engagement with previous content, the services they have with Fabric IT or subscription to our newsletters. Examples may include:
- Opt-in subscribers to the Fabric IT Newsletter
- Users that complete a contact form
- All communication will be related and relevant to what you have requested
- Submitted contacts details around specific content, products or services
Fabric IT contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Fabric IT is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site to read the privacy and spam policies of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This Privacy and Marketing Policy applies solely to information collected by Fabric IT.
If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. For security reasons, we do not recommend that you send non-public personal information, such as passwords, social security numbers, or bank account information, to us by email. You may “opt-out” of receiving future commercial email communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of most emails we send, however, we reserve the right to send you transactional emails such as customer service communications or communications with your Account Manager.
How do I contact Fabric IT?
If you have any further questions or comments regarding the Fabric IT website or this Privacy and Marketing Policy, you may contact email@example.com or simply use the live chat function.
Changes to Fabric IT’s policy