Field Services Management (FSM) is usually focused on short-term customer problems.
From telecoms technicians to in-home care, the role of the Field Service Organisation (FSO) is to fix, repair, and keep things ticking over.
But what if your FSO wants to be more competitive? To achieve more growth and revenue?
Then you need a big-picture strategy – and the right tools to build one. In this post, we’re helping you get started with a look at Dynamic 365 for Field Service and a new study from Stanford University.
Beyond fix and repair
The study by Kathleen Eisenhardt finds that successful FSOs simplify their work, creating more space to focus on the big picture and add value.
Specifically, teams that achieve growth tend to:
- Identify big-picture goals and get everyone working towards them
- Identify bottlenecks and work to overcome them
- Use experience from past successes and failures to help define steps
With everybody on the same page and working smarter, you can start to concentrate on goals beyond fix and repair.
Being strategic about growth
Some of the value-adding functions your team can then start to perform include:
- Driving sales and marketing
- Learning from data
- Forecasting future demand
- Designing effective processes
- Delivering on your brand promise
These activities can form part of a strategy for increasing revenue and growth. And everyone can work together to make it happen.
How dynamics 365 for field service can help
Of course, creating a simple and effective strategy is easier said than done.
Thankfully, specialist tools like Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Field Service are specifically designed for FSM teams who want to be more productive.
Some of the key features of Dynamics 365 for Field Service include:
- Optimised scheduling – Schedule appointments and dispatch the right resources more easily, so you get more done each day
- Customer communications – Offer a powerful customer portal with SMS updates, live maps and more
- Service agreements – Use specialist tools for managing all kinds of service agreements, across your whole organisation
Need help to get started?
If you’re a field service organisation that wants to compete harder, Delta Comtech can help you get the most out of Dynamics 365 and other market-leading tools. Contact us today for an informal chat.
You can also watch a video about the Stanford study: